What is Eyelid Surgery?
Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both, and give a rejuvenated appearance to the surrounding area of your eyes, making you look more rested and alert. The procedure can be performed in the office under local anesthesia.
Specifically, eyelid surgery can treat:
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelids
- Excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
- Drooping lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid
Eyelid Surgery Candidates
In general, good candidates for surgery include:
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for this type of surgery
- Remember that the eyelids are part of the face. The appearance of a drooping upper lid may also be due to relaxation of the forehead skin and eyebrow.
Dr. Daniel Holley, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, will evaluate your anatomy thoroughly to determine the causes of your eyelid appearance, and what procedures might best remedy them.
Holley Surgical Arts has two offices conveniently located in both Stuart and Port Saint Lucie. Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Daniel Holley and his entire staff are committed to your privacy, comfort and goals. We offer a large spectrum of cosmetic enhancements and non-surgical procedures for your personal refinement and encourage you to contact us for a complimentary consultation. We are proud to be the preferred choice of many of the area’s doctors, their spouses and their friends.