Fluctuations in weight, growing older and heredity can cause your upper arms to have a drooping, sagging appearance. This is a condition that cannot be corrected through exercise. If the underside of your upper arms are sagging or appear loose and full due to excess skin and fat, an arm lift may be right for you.
An Arm Lift, or brachioplasty, is a surgical procedure that:
- Reduces excess sagging skin that droops downward
- Tightens and smoothes the underlying supportive tissue that defines the shape of the upper arm
- Reduces localizzation pockets of fat in the upper arm region
In general, candidates for an arm lift include:
- Adults with siginificant upper arm skin laxity
- Adults of any age whose weight is relatively stable and who are not significantly overweight
- Healthy individuals without medical conditions that impair healing or increase risk of surgery
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic expectations
Arm Lift Procedure:
- Closing the incisions
- See results!
The smoother, tighter contours that result from an arm lift are apparent almost immediately following your procedure. Initial results will be obscured by some swelling, bruising and a slight scar will remain where the incisions were made.
The results of arm lift surgery will be lost lasting, provided that you maintain a stable weight and general fitness. As your body ages, it is natural to lose some firmness, but most of your improvement should be relatively permanent.
Holley Surgical Arts has two offices conveniently located in both Stuart and Port Saint Lucie. Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Daniel Holley and his entire staff are committed to your privacy, comfort and goals. We offer a large spectrum of cosmetic enhancements and non-surgical procedures for your personal refinement and encourage you to contact us for a complimentary consultation. We are proud to be the preferred choice of many of the area’s doctors, their spouses and their friends.